Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The week is flying by!

It's been a week, that's for sure.  I can't believe it's already April 3rd.

I got the "urn" I bought for Lulu's final resting spot.  All my greyhounds have been cremated and I keep their cremains in an urn that is "their color."  Frasier was green, Phantom was blue, Cali was orange, Lynch was red,  and Lulu is purple and Sugar will be pink.  Magick the wonder poodle was all colors so he's in a pretty Mexican urn that is multi colored.
Anyhow, the "urn" arrived today.  And I. AM. THRILLED with it!  And of course, I have pictures for you!  The seller called it a "Floral lidded Vase" but I call it an urn! 



 This IS Lulu.  She was dainty as a flower yet, bold and full of life! 
It's just the perfect urn!


Isn't it pretty?  It was the very last item in a search I did.
The last item on the 14th page, 200 items on each page!
I just love it and it's the perfect size too. 

I sewed harnesses yesterday and I need to do so again today!  And probably again tomorrow.  
I got up with a headache this morning and it still hurts, even after coffee and ibuprofen and now some soda.  I may have to take a nap.  I dreamed about IV's all night, I guess I was working again and giving all my patients IV's.  And there was one special one, it was an IV, but it was a chocolate IV!  I guess I am craving some chocolate!!  Silly dreams.  :) 

I bought the mini series "The Bible" and it arrived yesterday.  I'm going to start watching it today.  When it arrived, one of the DVD holders was broken and, of course, that mean one of the DVD's was sliding around in the case.  It's really irritating to me that something that is as pricey as this was comes with a broken case.  So I called Amazon and they are going to send me a new case.  Hope it arrives fairly quickly. 

Yesterday was a day of phone calls, I spent over an hour talking with different USPS folks trying to get an issue resolved.  They just irritate me half to death some times.
And then I had to call my insurance agent, and talked to several folks in the office and finally said "please, just have the agent call me" and got off the phone.  I've actually never talked to my agent, and she called me back and I was surprised, she's a great gal, so at least that ended well!

On Sunday, a gal from our church was at a family celebration and collapsed and died.  She was 50 and leaves a 13 year old, and a 9 year old and a husband behind.  Shocking as she was NOT chronically ill and there was no reason to think she would be passing any time soon.  She and I were not special friends, but it was just really really shocking to hear about this.  I feel so bad for her children and her husband.
Guess it shows us that we never know when our time here on earth is up.

Ok, gotta get busy.  Have a great day and God Bless.  Anne

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.