Friday, June 1, 2012

A New Month has Begun!

And that's a good thing.  I'm looking forward to a better month!

I didn't post a weekly "fabric used" this week, it hasn't changed.  It will change next week because I bought fabric yesterday!  You know, maybe it would be easier to just live in a fabric store!!

I sewed today, harnesses, leashes and collars.  I swear, I'm going to get that border on my Stained Glass Quilt if it kills me!  And dang it, I want to finish up my zig zag quilt too!

This week whilst sewing I watched the movie The Guard.  For sure you can't mind hearing the F bomb, cause there's a ton of that going on in this movie.  I love hearing the accents of the Irish.  However, the film leave so much to be desired.  I'd only give it 2 of 5 stars.  I get what it's about and all that, it was just not funny and not drama and I'm really not sure what it is! 

Today I watched "A Star Is Born," the 1954 version with Judy Garland with James Mason in it.  I just love Judy's voice, that woman could belt out a tune!  I have the Streisand/Krisofferson version, and I don't remember so much singing, but it's been a LONG time since I last saw that one.  I also have the 1935 version with Janet Gaynor and Fredric March.  So I have to watch these two also.  Then I'll pick my favorite.
I now have a sudden urge to watch The Wizard of Oz!  OY!

The smoke isn't quite as bad tonight as it was last night, but we had another red sun this evening.  I don't think this fire in New Mexico is anywhere near contained, we will probably have this smoke for many weeks yet.  Keeping my fingers crossed that our beloved Chiricahua's don't burn again this summer.

Ok, I'm off to do the dishes and straighten up the house before hitting the sack!  Have a great weekend!  God Bless, Anne

No comments: