Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday Mornings are so boring!

Anyhow, I watched movies a lot this weekend.
I finished watching "A Star is Born" with Kris Kristofferson and Barbra Streisand in it. Now that I've watched all 3 of these movies, I have to rate them in the order that they were made!  The 1935 one was the best and the last one was the worst one.  Barbra Streisand just didn't seem right for the part some how after all these years.  And I guess I'm getting old, but the lack of the swearing in the first two was a definite plus.  I guess we, as a society, have gotten used to people with trash mouths, and that's probably not much of a good thing!

I started watching "Funny Girl" with Barbra Streisand and Omar Sharif in it.  What a great movie this is!  I remember when I first saw it, in high school with a bunch of friends.  I've never forgotten Nic Arnstein and Fanny Brice.  I had, however, forgotten a lot of the story!  I stopped right at the point where Nic gets out of prison.  I will finish watching this tonight or tomorrow.  Then I have "Funny Girl" to watch, the sequel.  :)

Fires... we are soooo smokey right here in our little valley.  I have heard that it's the smoke from New Mexico and the smoke from Nogales all blowing in here!  We can now smell the smoke, and it's probably not a good idea to be outside too terribly long.  It just breaks my heart that all these hundreds of acres are being burned.  Very sad. 


Smokey to the north



And smokey to the south. 

No comments: