Sunday, June 10, 2012

Happy Sunday...

I sewed yesterday making some collars and bookmarks.  I love bookmarks.  The ones I made yesterday are for my Bible and for my LOTH books. 

 I like these that hang out above and below the pages. 


These are my two favorites.


Top where the medal hangs out...  This is Our Lady of Guadalupe.


and bottom.

I threaded the crosses and the medals onto the ribbon, then trimmed it up and sewed it into place.  I will probably put a tiny needle in my machine the next time, I think the one that was in there was rather large for sewing webbing and the smaller needle would make the sewing look neater.





Here's sugar in my quilting area, keeping me on my toes, my quality control expert!









I had 17 more HopScotch blocks (triangles) today and was about ready to send them all through the shredder, so I had to walk away from the blocks!!
I will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad when I am done with this quilt.

These are the finished blocks....  These last 38 have the white diamonds on them.

I have been sewing them the first time with a basting stitch, then if they line up, I go over that with a regular stitch.  Some blocks I've taken stitches out
at least 2 or 3 times.  Some of the blocks I have pulled a row of stitches out 4 or 5 times before I'm happy with the way they look.  And honestly, the more blocks I make, the less picky I am!  I just want it to be DONE!!!

I have about 21 more blocks to make, and here's the fabric for those...


Sug on the job tonight yet again!   I love my little girls so much, so yeah, the obligatory pictures of my gals!!!


And Miss Lulu snoozing in the living room.   She is my big baby and such a sweet little girl.  I do love em , even if they are both crazy!  I guess the three of us all fit right in!





1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Your triangles re looking good. Did you make the templates yourself? I did that once and it was not quite right!


glen