Friday, June 8, 2012

I am beat, cannot wait to sleep tonight!


Woke up early, hate when that happens for no good reason.  :(   So we got up and the dogs went out
I cleaned my computer out this morning, blew out all that dust!  Amazing how much dust accumulates inside of a computer over a months time.
Went down to the neighbors and once again the dog would NOT GO OUT.  She looked at me like I was nuts. So I loved on her for a bit, gave her a treat and left her be.  When I went back this afternoon, she was READY to go out and once again took me for a walk!  She did both of her businesses and then was ready for a bone and a treat!
So this morning I worked on collars and harnesses and leashes and stuff like that.  I finished watching "A Star is Born" with Judy Garland.  When that one was done, I popped in the 1937 version with Janet Gaynor and Fredric March.  So far I'm liking this version better than the one with Judy Garland.  And I haven't seen the one with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson in it since many years ago, I'm watching that one next!

Then when I was finished sewing dog stuff, I started in on the quilting stuff.  I cut out all the white diamonds I need to finish this up, and also cut out some more center triangles, again, enough to finish up the quilt "squares."
I sewed some of the bottom of the triangles on and put the diamonds on the single pieces and some of the doubles together.  So next time I sew I can just pretty easily put the next 20 triangles or "blocks" together.


 This is the HopScotch pattern I'm using.  It's the first time I have ever used templates in making a quilt.  It's been an interesting journey!  My triangles aren't perfect, but they aren't too terrible either.

I'm using a JellyRoll of Salt Air by Cosmo Cricket for Moda Fabrics.  I just love this fabric.  And since there is no way that I can even splurge on a fat bundles (over 100$!!!!) I did splurge on the jellyroll.

I'm doing mine in a "scrappy" look.  I am not putting three pieces of fabric alike on each triangle.  So we shall see how it looks when I'm done.  I'm really pleased that I decided to continue to work on it, it's coming together pretty well, and I LOVE this fabric!

Ok, that's pretty much how my day has been.... Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL weekend!  God Bless,  Anne



No comments: