Friday, May 18, 2012

It's Friday Again! Where did that week go?

Last night I put the binding together for the Greyhound quilt.  I like my bindings to stand out on certain quilts, and this one will/does!  Lots of color and lots of short strips from fat quarters put together with small extra pieces.

Actually, last night I spent another hour cleaning up fabric from the floor.  Sugar went back and made herself another bed in the middle of the floor.  Silly girl, but this time I didn't laugh.  And at bed time I blocked her way into that area with a chair, and she had the audacity to bark at me, kind of like letting me know she couldn't get it... hum, you think Sugar?  I love her, really do, but she's a pistol for sure!

Started the day off with a long phone call from a friend back in Ohio that I haven't heard from for about a year!  Her life has changed so much.  She's actually the lady who had a greyhound group and who I got Sugar and Lulu from.  But anyhow, we chatted for well over an hour and it was so good to hear from her!

Then I went through the fabric that Sug was redecorating with, it was fabric I pulled to make into 2" squares for my leaders and enders Postage Stamp Quilt.  And I cut out some more blocks because I was out of them.

Then I put the binding on the greyhound quilt.  And then I began to sew it on by hand.  I have carpel tunnel in my right hand and have to take a lot of breaks when hand sewing, otherwise my hand goes numb.
But I got it finished tonight.  I watched the rest of Corinna Corinna, really enjoyed it, I'd actually never seen this before. Then I put in Schindler's List and watched most of that.  I've seen Schindler's List before, but it's been many many years, so it's almost like I've never seen it before.  It's a good movie, kind of horrific though.

Anyhow, I have finished the binding!


Some of the quilting on the back


All folded up with some of the binding showing!

And just a peek at the insides!


I want to take pictures of it tomorrow in the light outside, early in the morning.  I have to be very careful of the greyhound squares, they have caused us some angst so far!

But the quilt looks awesome!  As always after I put a lot of work into a project like this, I'll be glad when it's finished and shipped and received at the other end!  And when the raffle starts, I'll be sure to post a link to it so if you want to buy a chance you can!  :)

And on that note, I'm going to head to bed, I'm tired and eager to read my book and get some shut eye!
Have a great tomorrow, God Bless, Anne

No comments: