Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Used this week:     1.75 yards
Used year to date:   39.75 yards
Purchased this week:  8.25 yards
Purchased to date:   31.25 yards

Net used for 2012:   8.50 yards

I REALLY need to use some fabric.  Hopefully tomorrow will be another quilting day.  I'd like to get started on one of my quilts for the "My Precious" QAL.  I'm also scared to cut, but anxious to start the HopScotch quilt for that QAL. 

I love bargello quilts, and I have made quite a few of them over the past 5 or 6 years.  I bought a pattern called Jelly Bargelly, which is a bargello that is made from a Jelly Roll. 

I bought a kit for this quilt.  I bought it several years ago and now can't even figure out where I bought it!  But anyhow, the pattern calls for 51  2.5" strips.  The kit gives me 20 strips.  Now hum, seems like perhaps I got gypped out of a few strips.  Such is life I suppose.  I guess I can make a baby quilt out of that jelly roll if I add some solid strips to it.  You know, I never thought to open it and count the strips.  Lesson learned.  Just as a not, the pattern company is NOT at fault, it was somewhere online at a quilt store.  So I'm not blaming them!  :)  I guess I'm going to have to pick out some fabrics from my stash to make this quilt.  :)

Ok, that's it for tonight.  I'm going to turn in and read for a bit, still reading the Kay Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell.  :)  Have a great Thursday, and God Bless.   Anne

No comments: