Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Greyhound quilt ready to be quilted!

I got the borders on and like them.  So that's a good thing!



I didn't iron the borders, so they are flipping up, but they will be fine once the quilt is quilted. 


You can see how the borders will look here at the top of the quilt










the bottom of the quilt..  It's pretty straight actually, I was shocked that the borders for the sides were the same length without adjusting it!  Same for the top and the bottom.  My quilts are usually more "off" than that!


And since it's a Greyhound Quilt, I thought I'd throw in a picture of a real greyhound!  :)  Miss Lulu stretched out on the floor!






The temps out today are WONDERFUL!  It's 88 now, and usually 4pm is about the hottest part of the day here.  So it's been a very cool day.  And the sun has been under clouds about 95% of the day!  :) 

One of my friends called today and gave me the update on the chicken eggs they were incubating for the last about 3 weeks!  I had no idea there was so much about hatching some eggs!  They finally figured out that their eggs were upside down the entire time, and that the temp and humidity was off a bit for much of the time.  So today it looks like about 6 of their 40 eggs are hatching today, they already pitched about half the egss since about that many appeared to be undeveloped.  I can't wait to go and see their chickens!  I just love chickens.  :)  But anyhow, if the eggs are upside down, the chicks that hatch from them might be crippled chickens, but they decided to let them hatch and they'd have to deal with any chicks that weren't right.  So far they pretty much look normal, so time will tell I suppose! I sure do have chicken envy, I'd love to "have me some chickens" to produce eggs! 






No comments: