Monday, April 23, 2012

And it's another scorcher folks!

Hard to believe, but it's hot... again!  It was 100 on my porch at 1pm, but then it got overcast and now it's about 92 on my porch.  Yes indeed, the clouds are good.  The good part of this is that the humidity is about 8 or 9%.  It's been lower, but 9% isn't too bad.  We actually really could use some rain.

I did my running around town today.  Had to deliver a gift to a friend.  And then I had to stop at the post office to grab some mailers and to check my PO box and get that mail.  Then I had to stop at the Dollar Store and grab some doggies treats, a few other goodies and best of all, a 2 liter of diet Dr. Pepper!  I had to stop at the bank, saw my neighbor in there and chatted.  Then down to Back East Pizza Store where I picked myself up an AntiPasto Salad.  Yummy.  So I brought all that home and put stuff away.  And then I sat down and really enjoyed that salad, they are soooo good! 

I got some packages today and that is ALWAYS a good thing! 


I finally broke down and bought a Jelly Roll.  I just love this fabric.  And I'm going to be using this Jelly Roll to make a Hop Scotch quilt.  Using this
and going to Swooning On A Hop Along QAL.

This is my first ever Jelly Roll!  I'm surprised at how linty it is.  :) But I cannot wait to cut into this, but I am going to wait for a couple of days at least.




I got this fabric in.  All 1/2 yard cuts except for the yard of orange.  I just LOVE these together.  I have no idea what pattern I'm going to use these for!






And here's the solids I already have that I'll use with these fabrics.  :)  I actually kind of wish I had gotten more light grey, but alas I didn't, so I'll work with what I have!


Here's what's on my quilting plate at the moment!

1. put borders on the Greyhound Quilt
2. Put 2 swoon quilts together
3. Put 2 Granny square quilts together
4. border my Zig Zag quilt and finish it
5. Start Hopscotch
6. Cut fabric for Stained Glass
7. Figure out a good pattern for the "My Precious" QAL 
8. Figure out what pattern to use for the fat quarter bundle of Summer Love 
That's a LOT of stuff and could take me forever!  I will be using my new Chopsticks and Jaw Breaker patterns for something, maybe the My Precious QAL.  I'll have to see!  Actually when I see it in a list, it's kind of overwhelming!

Tomorrow will be a harness and collar sewing kind of day, hope to get started EARLY in the AM before it gets so freaking hot.  So maybe tomorrow afternoon I can get some of the border done for the Greyhound Quilt.  :)  Wish me luck! 

Have a great week, and God Bless,  Anne




No comments: