Friday, March 16, 2012

TGIF!

I'm not a real Friday loving person, but this week THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!!!
Yesterday was a stellar day. I got quite a bit of sewing done.  And my life has changed for the better.  Someone who has been causing me grief for the last 3 years can no longer do so.  This person is probably on their way back to their home state as I type, at least I hope that's true.  EVEN if they are here in this area, their actions, no matter how despicable, will no longer affect me in the same way they have in the past.  God is good, and he DOES answer prayers.  I will keep this person in my prayers, because God certainly can move in mysterious ways. 
Ok, on to the sewing!  I have pictures of my granny squares, not all of them but a few of em! 
And I have some of the constructions pictures of the quilt I'm making for the Greyhound fundraiser.  And I have some horse pictures! 


Some of my granny squares.  These are SOOOO much fun to make and so easy to make that they can become addicting!  I have made almost 60 of them so far.  I can see one of these as a gift, and one for the Mennonites and one for something else.  
 Love the granny squares!



And more.....
 Some of my blocks for the greyhound quilt....
 I made about 30 stratas which will become the blocks around the greyhound picture...
 Some of the longer blocks, they are going to be 10.5" long, maybe 11" long.
 These are the longer ones that have an extra piece on them and are pinned and ready to sew... 
 Lots of stratas!
 More pics of the long ones













These are the horses in the pasture behind me.  We also have cows back there.  There are a lot more than just these horses and there was a donkey back there last summer.  I just love these guys.  They will not come to the fence to see me or even to get an apple or carrot, so they are pretty wild I suppose. 
 They are so pretty and I really just love looking at them.  When we first moved here, all my dogs would go tearing out the door and barking and carrying on about the horses and cows!  But over the months and years, they are used to them now and barely give them a look! 
Just before I took these pics they were running and kind of frolicking but I missed getting a picture of that! 
One year there was a cow who got out of the pasture and was wandering around the road behind me looking for a way to get back into the pasture!  We finally found the owner and he came an lead the cow home! 
I'm not sure what purpose the cows or the horses serve except to entertain me and my neighbors!!! 
One night I was out in the yard with the dogs and heard some rustling going on, scared me because we get lots of coyote and javelina here and so I ran in the house and got a good flashlight, and to my relief, it was just cows settling in for a good nights sleep! 

Well, that's it for the moment. Have a great day and a fabulous weekend!  God Bless, Anne

No comments: