Saturday, March 10, 2012

If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous.... If I only had a brain!

Oyyyyyy I could SCREAM!  I put a baby quilt together with some blocks a friend gave me, added a few of my own and the sashing and put it all together and hung it up and Bingo... a total mess.... I could SCREAM!  It's obviously going to be that kind of day.  Heck, I'll even show you my total screw up! 

A simple butterfly 4 patch.  Now one would think that even I could manage to make a 4 patch right the first time!  But NO, I have to mess it up and now I have to rip.  Rip 4 blocks out and turn them around.  I could scream.  Perhaps I should go back to bed and get up and start all over again?  Something.  ARGH!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was reading another quilting blog, and she mentioned she PURPOSELY screws one block up every time and calls it her "humility block." And the one time she mistakenly got every block correct, well, that made her humble too because in theory she was still wrong.

Not sure I subscribe, but I thought it might make you feel better.

Anonymous said...

for the last few posts blogger won't let me comment, but it's me Sandra who left that comment. It only accepts comments from anonymous apparently. Very frustrating.

Anne said...

Thanks Sandra! I know that the Amish make sure that there is at least one mistake in their quilts, they say only God is perfect so their quilts cannot be perfect.
This mess is just that, a mess! I am planning on fixing it, but I HATE HATE HATE to rip at this stage of a quilt, but I will not finish it the way it is!
Sorry about the anonymous thing, maybe it's cause you aren't a blogger.com person? I don't know, but we'll see if it let me post as me!