Sunday, March 11, 2012

And after that screaming mess I made yesterday, I folded that quilt up and put it aside for a day or two.  I made 19 of the granny squares.  I haven't trimmed them yet, nor have I ironed them yet, and when I get all that done, I'll post a picture or two.  They turned out really REALLLY nice, considering I was having a bad sewing day in the morning!
Today I spent most of the day cutting out more 2.5" squares since I found a new way to put the granny squares together... I think it's going to end up being about 3 quilt tops in the granny squares.  I can get a lot of thinking done while I put those blocks together, so they go fast and it's almost instant gratification.  And we all need a few of those kinds of days every week or so!
Tomorrow I have to cut white fabric for the granny squares, and for the swoon squares. So that will take some time.  Then I hope to put a few granny squares together and maybe on Tuesday I'll rip this baby quilt apart and fix my mistakes. And then maybe sandwich it and quilt it!  Maybe.

Lulu hurt her foot on Thurday evening.  I have NO CLUE what she did.  But she was gimping around on Thursday about bedtime.  By Friday when we got up, her foot was REALLY swollen and it was apparent that it hurt.  So I gave her a pain pill on Fri. AM and Fri. PM and she slept most of the day.  I made her stay in the house and pee on the pads. Then yesterday morning I helped her out after breakfast and she pooped 3 times!  She evidently won't poop in the house!  Then out at noon and by dinner she was going in and out on 3 legs by herself and was having no troubles.  It makes me nervous.  But today she was actually using her paw a bit in the house and it didn't appear to bother her too much.  But she's mostly not using it, and it's still swollen, but maybe not as much as yesterday. And she's not needed anything else for pain.  Oy, if it's not one thing, it's another!

My cold is finally winding down and I'm only blowing my nose 10 times a day instead of 1000. It's been a LONG time since I've had a cold, so I'm not used to feeling bad in that fashion. Glad it's leaving.  :)

To share a picture with you, this is the Chiricahua Mountains to the East of the valley where I live, and there is snow on the mountains.  This was mid February of this year.  We don't get much snow, but the mountains do and I LOVE it from AFAR!





Have a great evening and God Bless,  Anne

No comments: