Monday, February 6, 2012

What a game!

Went to a friends house to watch the Superbowl game, and what a great game it was.  She was a Patriots fan, so I picked the Giants and my pick won!  I love good games, close games that come down to the very end, and this one sure did!  I was shocked and a little surprised to read on Fox News that Brady's wife blamed his receivers for the loss... shame on her, I think that the loss was just "one of those things" that you can't blame on anyone but the entire team.  They were simply outscored by their opponents and that's the way it is.  One team won and the other had to lose and it just turned out that the Giants won and the Patriots lost.  It's stuff like this that irritates me.  :)

I haven't sewn a lick since last week.  I am in the middle of cleaning out my "island" in the middle of my kitchen!  Amazing what I've put in the far corners of that thing! 

I found something that is slowly (or maybe quickly) disintegrating, something that I cherish.  It's a pot holder that my Mom's Mom crocheted in the 30's or 40's and I think I may have one or two more, but they are precious and unfortunately crochet thread isn't made to last forever.  I want to preserve this one and have no real idea of how to do that.  Anyone got any good ideas? 
Here's a picture of it... yes, there are some small stains on it, after all, my Mom used it for 30 or 40 years before I got it and used it for 20 years!



Look at all the work in that!  Ton's of stitches done with a very very tiny crochet hook.  This is my Grandmother who made the beautiful lace tablecloths too.  Such talent! 









So anyhow, that's where I am at the moment! 
Cleaning, oh yea!!  Now to do a couple more loads of laundry. And then move onto the livingroom and move EVERYTHING and clean behind stuff and do that spring cleaning the right way!  Have a great day, and God Bless,   Anne

No comments: