Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Keeping track of fabric usage and purchase for 2012.  :)

Used this week:      3 yards
Used year to date:   13.75 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased to date:   0 yards

Net used for 2012:  13.75 yards
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One more swoon done!   I've been busy today cutting out 4 more swoon.  When these 4 are done, I'm going to move onto another block for a while and maybe put some of my swoons together!

This is block 16.  Really block 15 because I'm not going to use that one block in either of the quilts cause I made a piecing mistake.  I'm going to make it into either a wall hanging or a lap quilt.

But I like this one a lot!  It's exact opposite of the second block I made...

I've been cutting my 3 and 7/8 inch pieces 4" for the last bunch I've done.  I cut the first 3 exactly 3 7/8" and it was much harder to square up the points well without the extra to cut off!







Here's the second block I made.  They look a bit different even though the fabric is exactly the same. 

I think I may try to make one with a third fabric for the center, I think it might look nice.  And different.  :)







Aside from quilting today I've done a couple loads of laundry and cleaned out some of my beading stuff and have more books to be donated to the local library. 
I really cannot bear to throw books away.  Our library has a store where they sell books that have been donated really cheap, I love to go there, usually get 10 or 15 books for a few bucks.  :)

Ok, I need to finish cutting white fabric for the last few swoon blocks.  So y'all have a great day!   Anne

No comments: