Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Davy Jones of the Monkees died today.  :(  Gosh, I remember when their songs were hits!  And he was only 66 years old, very young.  (and the older I get, the younger that seems.)  God Speed Davy.

Ok, I have 3 more blocks done and here are the pictures. 



I'm pleased with them!
 Love this one, really do.  :)

I think they kind of look southwest too, this quilt/block pattern reminds me of the desert.  :)

Not sure if I am sashing them or not.  Time will tell.  :)
Would love to be able to do two of them.

And so far, I think the "light" fabric has all been the same.  I have some different ones cut to put together today.  :)  

I want to make this about 45"x60", so I've got a few more blocks to make!! 

I plan on having it done and ready to go to the Mennonites by next week. 




I'd also like to put my 3 swoons together.  I think I need at least one more block, maybe 2.   But I will have enough for 3 swoons.  And I can't wait to see them. 
Then I have to figure out how the heck I'm going to quilt them!! 

I have several quilts that a friend put together for the Mennonites to take with me too.  And I have one other that I want to donate to them.   So this will be a good month, maybe we can get lots of stuff done in one day. 

Alrighty then, I'm off to sew and sew and sew some more!  All done for the day with collars, so it's quilting time!  Have a great one and God Bless.    Anne

No comments: