Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cleaning and quilting and cooking!

Got up really REALLY late today, about 9:45. What a great way to start the day.  :)  Dogs didn't even wake me up, so they were tired too.  :)
After getting the dogs fed, I got my swoon stuff out and began to sew.  I made a total of 4 swoon blocks today, and only messed up one.  And I have plenty of that fabric, and I WILL make that block correctly tomorrow!
My fridge is crystal clean tonight!  Took it all apart and washed all the shelving and drawers and the inside of the door and all the stuff in the fridge that could be wiped down! I just love a clean fridge, it always makes the food inside of it look all that much better. 
Anyhow, without further ado, my 4 swoon blocks.  :)


I love this block!  I think the print fabric would be good with yellow too, and I may have enough to do one that way!


I don't love this one, but I don't hate it either.  It is what it is.  :) 


This one was fun to do.  That print in it is one that one of the local Mennonite women sold in her little sewing store.  Her daughter used to have a dress made from that print fabric and it was her favorite for a long time.  I had to piece several of these blocks together, and I think I did a pretty good job cause I can't tell exactly where it is in the  picture!  I am very pleased with this one.  :)

And this is my boo boo of the day.  I messed the colors up somehow, but at least I did it symmetrically, and I guess that's a good thing.  I'm not sure I'll use this one in a swoon quilt, but I could put a few borders on it and make it into a nice lap quilt.  I will make a swoon block out of these fabrics tomorrow, I have been really anxious to see how it looked and now I have an idea, but I want to know for sure! 
So technically I have 12 of my swoon blocks done and one boo boo block.  :)




The other day when I was sewing collars, I watched the movie "First Wives Club" and realized that I have never seen this movie before!  I really enjoyed it, love all the actresses in it.  I have a couple more movies to watch that I've never seen before.  That always makes me look forward to my "real" work, sewing collars and harnesses! 

Now I'm off to read a good book (one of the Joanna Brady Mysteries by JA Jance) for a while.  Have a great Friday and God Bless, Anne

No comments: