Monday, January 9, 2012

That was one looooonnnnggggg week!

I have sewn every day the past 10 days and I am still not done with collar orders.  This is a good thing though.
Last Tuesday I went to Tucson and picked up my friend at the airport.  I took some pictures!  (does that surprise you?) and I thought I'd post them today.  I have more too, so be sure to read to the bottom of this post.  :)

 One of my favorite subjects, the Stronghold in the afternoon!

Texas Canyon, I just love these rock formations. 


More of Texas Canyon.





 At the airport.  Love the palm trees, we have a few here in Pearce, but it's pretty cold here for them and they don't do all that well.  I love seeing them in Tucson!  This is at the airport.

More trees at the airport.  What's really funny to me is how I never once saw a plane land or take off during the 45 minutes I was sitting in the cell phone lot waiting for my friend.  Yet, I heard several rev up and moving and getting ready to go down unseen runways!  Kind of strange I thought.  :) 

On the way home the sunset started getting glorious!  We do have some of the most spectacular sunsets here in Arizona, mostly because we are dry and dusty and that helps the reflections that make up sunsets!


More of the sunset

And the yellows turn to orange!  Love this!






So I've been busy all week, and I'm going to have some more collars to put up on Etsy, here's some pics of what's going up....



Ok, this one isn't for ETSY, but I just love the way it turned out!  Valentines day is coming folks, and I have several really nice heart trims!
This one belongs to the little guy below, but it can be replicated without a problem!



Isn't he adorable?  Love the collar on him too.  :)   I just love it when customers send me pictures of their dogs wearing the collars I make, it makes my heart smile. 


This one is for ETSY.  Not the best pictures I suppose, but it's so pretty and so unusual that it's hard to photograph. 
This collar has a LOT of metallic gold on it, the lime green and the ocean blue are just so unusual and so colorful.  This trim is limited, I only have enough to make 1 or 2 more collars. 


This collar would look spectacular on a little black dog.  The back ground is black and the red and white and grey colors just accent it so beautifully.  

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this collar! 
This is a brocade collar.  The colors are red, hot pink, and purpleish...  It's iridescent and sparkly all kind of sparkly at the same time.  The color tends to change a little with the light.  The pattern is roses, so it's definitely a little girls collar! 
This collar was for a customer, so I think I'll make up another and put it on ETSY.
 This is the fabric that the above collar is made from. I just LOVE it.  And it's been one of the most ignored brocades on my site.


Have to get a pic of the dogs in, or they feel left out!  This is Sugar and she is snoozing on my bed where she KNOWS she's not supposed to be.  I don't really mind her being on the bed, but she un-makes the bed, and that irritates me just a tad! 


And Miss Lulu snoozing in my closet on the big wonderful bed in there!


This is a beautiful collar that will go on ETSY.  The trim is probably antique, and at least vintage!  It's got a black backgroun and embroidered flowers on it.  Just elegant and simple!




This is a 1" collar in a size large that has some of my Russian trim on it.  








Keeping track of fabric usage and purchase for 2012.  :)

Used this week:       0 yards
Used year to date:   0 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased to date:   0 yards

Net used for 2012:  0 yards

It will be interesting to see where I come out at the end of the year.  :)


Have a great day and God Bless:    Anne

No comments: