Friday, December 9, 2011

I've had a great 24 hours!  I didn't get much accomplished yesterday as far as quilting, but did get to sew!  I made a "test" purificator for church.  That is the cloth that is used to wipe the rim of the communion cup at mass.  We are in desperate need of new ones at church, so I thought I'd give making some a go.  I'm trying Moda cotton, so we'll see how the priest likes it.
Last night was the Mennonite youth Soup and Pie Supper.  This is probably the 4th or 5th year I've gone.  And it's wonderful.  The BEST soup is the Ham Chowder, yummy!!  The Chicken Noodle is good too.  I had Lemon Meringue pie for dessert.  Great food.   After pretty much everyone is done eating, the youth sing Christmas songs for about 30 minutes.  It's really like listening to the angels sing.  After that, then they auctioned off the quilt that the youth made.  It turned out really pretty and they got 750$ for it.  My friend Sandy and I went.  My friend Lucy (Mennonite) and Phyllis sat with us as well.  I wish that they did this more often!!
The bad thing from yesterday is that I have no water.  No, not the cold, though it WAS cold last night (22 on my deck at 7:30 this am), but the water is turned off because there was a rupture in the underground line and they couldn't fix it last night.  So I had to lug out my buckets of water to flush and my bottles of water to wash my face and hands.  My hair is grungy and I'm hoping it back on in time for me to shower so I can go to Holy Hour and Mass tonight.
And my carpel tunnel in my right hand is driving me NUTS today for some reason.  Of course, it's always worse in the mornings, but gee, my hand is almost totally numb right now.  Time to let it rest!  God Bless,  Anne

No comments: