Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Is it Wednesday already?

Well, I didn't get any sewing done today.  But I did get to go in to Tucson to take my friend Sandy to the Airport.  I love the drive to Tucson, it shows me just how beautiful Arizona is.  So I took some pictures for y'all! While in Tucson, I went to Costco and Joanns and didn't spend a dime!  We ate lunch at In and Out, was delish! I stopped at Walmart and bought chicken breasts and hamburger and some spices and then stopped at Safeway to pick up their very last bottle of ChocoVine Wine.  I was hoping to get a couple, sure would love to have some now!  I also picked up some Truvia brand stevia.  I've been using splenda, and I like it, but I've had a ton of joint pain in the last few months, almost debilitating.  I was reading where some people believe that splenda and sacrin and other 'artificial' sweeteners are causing all kinds of not so nice side effects, and joint pain is one of the big ones.  So I'm going to do all I can to avoid those kinds of sweeteners and see if I can get used to the truvia.  Wish me luck!
And here are some pictures for you viewing pleasure!

 These mountains are west of us and west of Benson.  Love those clouds.  We've had a lot of cloudy weather and a lot of rain lately.  I know we need the rain, but I am tired of not seeing the sun long enough each day!  I came to Arizona for the sun, thank you very much, now I want to see it!!!  :)

I think these are the mountains just north of Tucson, kind of east too. 

This is a field of cactus in northern Tucson on Kolb. 










The picture of the old air craft that have been decomissioned.  There are acres full of these air planes. Kind of spooky looking, all their windows taped up and engines missing and such.

This is on the way home, the Dragoon mountains.   You can see all the copper in them.


These are foot hills that have been cut through, I believe, to put in I-10. These are east of Benson.

These rock formations are in Texas Canyon.  There are many of these really cool looking rocks, some big rocks balancing each other sometimes looking like they should fall and start rolling any moment!


More of the rock formations in Texas Canyon.


The snow on the mountains as I'm getting close to home. The Dragoon Mountains.

This is looking north, towards Willcox from Dragoon road, north of Pearce, over the Willcox Playa.


 
Almost home when I saw this happening, so I pulled off the road to my favorite "photo taking spot" and snapped off my 3 last pics before my camera battery died for good!  On the right is the Cochise Stronghold.  This so reminds me of our state flag!



Ok, that's it for today.  Tomorrow should see some sewing.  Have a good evening and God Bless,   Anne

No comments: