Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Finished binding...

Today I finished the binding on my friends quilt.  Got some pics for you too.  I didn't sleep well last night, or much at all.  Woke up at 12:30 about an hour after I went to bed, and was wide awake.  Then finally got back to sleep about 3, woke up about 3:30 when the dog was making crazy noises.  Got back to sleep about 4:30 and woke up at 5 when the dog made more noises.  Got up moved the dogs bed so she couldn't scratch my furniture with her feet.  Got back to sleep about 6.  Woke up at 10:30 when a friend called.  Good thing she called, the post lady was also here to collect some packages I was shipping.  Oy, not a great night or a stellar morning at all!
I got the dogs fed and made some obligatory phone calls and then grabbed some new DVD's I got today, Living the Discerning Life, the Spiritual Teaching of St. Ignatius of Loyola, by Fr. Timothy Gallagher O.M.V.  GREAT series, I watched the first 4 while I was working on my friends quilt.  Then I put in the 3 Twilight movie to finish up. 
Just got off the phone with a friend and boy oh boy, I can't wait to get to sleep!  Gonna take a HOT HOT shower and snuggle in and DARE the dang dogs to wake me up!

Ok, he's some pics from today and yesterday! 



Putting on the beige binding, 


A corner, came out nice!



Big quilt, lots of binding!
 Personally I like the binding better than I did the binding that blended right into the quilt.  But then I've always been one to use contrasting binding for the most part.


This is a picture of the quilt after my friend long arm quilted it.  I didn't take this pic, Gail Penny did the quilting and took the picture. 



A blingy collar I made for the dogs.  Would be a great new years eve collar!  1.5"


This is a way cool 2" collar, it's made from vintage trim that I bought years ago.  I believe it's from the 40's.  Very nice collar.  


And my sweet Lulu!  She's such a love and so pretty. 







I'm beat, got to go to sleep!  See you tomorrow, God Bless!   Anne

No comments: