Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cold, it's COLD!

Yesterday we got down to about 20 degrees during the night.  This morning it was about 30 degrees on my deck when I let the dogs out at 6:30am.  Now I don't mind the occasional cold day or even several cold days.  But gee whiz, it's been cold for about a week now, and that's plenty for me!
Yesterday was another cleaning and laundry day!  I think I did 4 loads of laundry.  I made a big pot of bean soup and it is yummy.  I went through my clothes and put all those items that are huge on me in a pile and filled 2 garbage bags full.  I won't pitch it though, I'm thinking to salvage some of the best to send to Mexico (some items are like new) and some items I may cut up and make a quilt and backing out of.  I hate to throw away fabric that can be used as something new!
I'm trying my hand at knitting.  Took me about an hour to figure out how to cast on!  Lost about 5 stitches in the first row, they were all at one end.  So I'm just adding some knitting rows to it and see how it affects my carpel tunnel in my right hand.  Pictures soon.  :)
The other day I watched the movie "In Love and War" with Sandra Bullock in it.  What a great movie and I guess it was loosely based on the writing of Ernest Hemmingway about his experience as a wounded soldier in WWI in Italy.   I really enjoyed this movie.  It appears that this movie has been made several other times, I would love to see all the versions.  :)
Ok, I must get up and get myself pulled together for the day.  Hope your day is wonderful!  God Bless, Anne

No comments: