Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Some quilting done today!

Finally I got to quilt.  I spent some time today renewing license tags and such.  Pricey!  But here I can renew for the next 5 years.  That's a blessing and I can do it online.  I love love love that!
I took some pictures today.  So, for  your viewing pleasure here goes........

 Just a simple block really, a machine embroidered dog in the center (greyhound and white around that and then green and then multi.  I can see that I need to iron the seam better on this one.


I love this block.  The center is a quilt top I made this past summer.  Then snow around that, white around that and pansies at the top and the bottom.


A black greyhound machine appliqued on pink, then hot pin, (looks red, but it's not) and then multi colors.
I used a pink thread to applique this greyhound down, I kind of like him that way!


Center is a pinwheel block from the top I did 2 or 3 years ago. 


Interesting block.  the narrow center is all paper pieced.  And then I added the green and the pansies to get it bigger and then the white to get it to a 12.5" square.  I think this block is very different and a lot of fun!


Just made this one with a piece of a 9patch that isn't the right size.  (see 9 patch below) and thought this looked wonky and cute!


This is the first row or part of a row.  I think I'll make this baby sized quilt.  I can applique some fun stuff on top of it and make it a really nice baby boy quilt.  :)


Ohhhhh, that reminds me, I need to make a baby girl baby quilt.  Oh, what fun, and I have plenty of pink! 




Lulu was sick this morning, her rumbling tummy woke me up at 4am so I got up and gave her a zantac 150mg.  She refused breakfast but ate dinner with gusto.  And after dinner she has some liquid bloody stool, but just a small amount.  So hopefully she'll be back to normal by tomorrow.  It always makes me feel bad when they don't feel well.
Sug on the other hand is blooming big time!  She's soooo thrilled that there are no more thunder boomers that she's twirling and jumping in the air when it's time to go out.  She was out today sun bathing... she LOVES to lay in the sun, but it's too hot here in the summer, so I let her do it in the winter, her belly will be black by spring! (that's her tan!)   She's got tons of freckles on her tummy from all her yeas of sun bathing. 
Well, that's about it for me today.  I will be working on harnesses and such tomorrow. 
Have a great end of the week! God Bless,  Anne

No comments: