Saturday, October 22, 2011

Lunching and quilting.........

Yesterday was a good day.  I went to lunch with a friend to celebrate her birthday.  We had a really nice time, we went to Taza's.  Taco salad was the special and we really enjoyed it.  Now for desert, and how can you NOT have desert for a birthday celebration?, we had pumpkin empanadas with vanilla ice cream with caramel drizzled over the top.  VERY VERY good!  Was a good time, and too soon we both had to get going.  It would have been nice to sit there all day and chat!

Went to Holy Hour at 4 and then Mass at 5.  Very nice way to spend about 2 hours.  There was a funeral in the morning and there were still some flowers and they were so pretty.

And this morning I got up and CUT OUT A QUILT and then I MADE THE BLOCKS!  And, I HAVE PICTURES.  :)
I have friends who are going to have a baby and it's a girl. So, I'm making her a baby quilt.  And as most of y'all know, I LOVE bright colors.  So here's what I came up with.  :)


Pink and yellow and purple for the basic colors.  :) 


All the squares are cut out.


And all the squares are made! Made, but not squared up yet. 


And here they are laid out on my bed.
I think I'm going to put a 2.5" strip of white between them as sashing. 


I love this quilt, quick and easy, so here's the next baby quilt, and I think I'll make it this coming week, at least get the top done!


And while I was digging in my fabric, I found this panel.  It's all "pre" done squares, just need to cut out, sash and then quilt.  I have not a clue where i got this fabric, or who or what I had it planned for!


A single block.  I think it's going to be cute, and easy!!!  Looks like a Christmas gift for someone.  :)

No comments: