Saturday, October 15, 2011

Contests...

On September 1st I won a contest on someone's blog.  I was excited, it wasn't fabric, but it was a computer program.  I thought it would be fun to try etc.  So I got all these emails that it would be snail mailed to me etc. and so forth.   Actually, I was offered either a downloaded copy or a physical copy, and I always prefer to have a physical copy of something in case I need to put it on a new computer etc.  easier, just plain easier!  :)
So, by September 27th I hadn't yet received it.  Seems there was a lost email between the person who awarded it (not the blog person) and the person who was to snail mail it.  Ok, should have it within the week.
I got busy and such and just happened to think yesterday...... Hey, I never got my program.  :(  So I emailed the original giver awayer (not the blog person, but actually I copied everyone on my emails).  Got a reply today (45 days after winning this program) from the giver awayer of this program to just go and download it and then let her know when my physical copy arrived.
I hope this is one fine program.  It will take quite a while to download it I think, then I have to open it and install it and find a place to put the original file to save in case I ever need it.. what a pain.
My point is.... don't be the person to give something away if you don't have it in your hands!  Don't rely on someone else to do something like this, they obviously won't always do what you want them to do.  As for me, I think I'm done entering contests and may never have one on my blog because of this "not so fun" experience.



UPDATE:
The missing CD is no longer missing!  It was mis-delivered to the wrong mail box and a neighbor brought it to me today not 15 minutes after I posted this.  I was surprised.  He's been really busy, as have I and he's not been home when I've been home etc. and so forth.  So mystery solved and I don't need to worry about it any more!  :)

No comments: