Saturday, October 15, 2011

Bugs!

We get these strange looking grass hopper kind of bugs here.  We get them in droves.  And they are really cool looking and bother no one.  Not sure if they bother the farmers, I'll have to ask some of my farmer friends. 
Anyhow, here are some Mexican Generals...  up close and personal.  :)



This guy is in my Mexican Bird of Paradise tree.  He looks a lot meaner than he is.  They are actually kind of shy and will run from me or hop out of a bush if I get too close.

Here's another one in my bush.  He's kind of nifty looking too. 


In my back yard, running from me!

From the front.  Interesting bugs aren't they?  My dogs totally ignore them, and that surprises me. 











One of my Mennonite friend's daughter got married this weekend.  I was invited to the reception and was allowed and encouraged to take pictures!  I will post some, most likely tomorrow.  It was so nice and I was so happy for this gal, she's such a nice young lady and deserves all kinds of happiness.
Have a great evening, and God Bless.  Anne

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Wow, these are so cool! They creep me out just a wee bit but I have a hard time with bugs...

Since I will surely forget - Happy early Birthday wishes to you! The bookends are nice and it 'is' odd that they are both facing the same way - but kinda cute that one is ignoring you :-)

Hope you are feeling a bit better rested, I totally get the 'wish the night was longer' feeling, I'm not a morning person and my bed is hard to leave sometimes.