Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday

Had a great evening last night.  Went to Church and then after church, 4 of us went out to eat at the local pizza place.  We took our priest with us and we had so much fun!  Saw some folks at the pizza place that I haven't seen for a while, and that's always nice. 
Stopped at the Dollar Store on the way home.  Picked up a couple of movies cheap.  I watched 'A Time to Kill' with Sandra Bullock, Samuel Jackson, Matthew McConaughey and Keven Spacey in it.  Great movie!  I really enjoyed it.  I figured with a cast like this that it couldn't be horrible!  :)

Today I started to watch Titanic.  I think I'm the only gal in the USA that hasn't seen this movie.  I owned it on VHS years ago but never watched it.  So I rented it from netflix.  And I made it through the first hour or so and then had to get away from it for a while.  I'll watch the rest in a bit.  I can tell you that it's probably not going to be a "I have to buy that movie" kind of movie.

I put on some Nat King Cole and turned on the bernina!  I love listening to Nat, he had such a silky smooth voice.  Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer reminded me about being a kid and sneaking off to the drive in!  My mom forbade the drive in, she was afraid that I'd "DO IT" at the drive in.  I always wondered what I could do at the drive in that I couldn't do in a car parked down the street.  Oh well, and I never "DID IT" at the drive in!  HA, fooled my Mom!!!

Here's what I made today.  I just sat down and started putting fabric together, one of my favorite ways to sew!


The stripe of colorful fabrics is from one of my bargellos that I made for Bargello Seasons at Quilt University.  I think it was a summer one!  The batik that I used for the background was used in something, but darned if I can remember which one!


The purple block on the left side with the two turquoise print patters above and below it was the fabric that I used in my first quilting project with my teacher Brenda.  I made a table runner and placemats out of that fabric.  And I have an apron that has that fabric on the top of it, and maybe the pocket. 
The "bargello" pieces on the sides was from one of my Bargello Seasons quilts. 


Again, the "center" has that turquoise and purple fabric from my first project when I took quilting from Brenda.  the rest of it is fabric scraps that have been in other quilts, just bits and pieces.  Except for the yellow which is new and used to fill in where needed!  :)






Ok, that's it for the moment.  I'm going to go and watch the rest of Titanic.  Will let you know what I think of it!  Quilt happy and God Bless,      Anne

No comments: