Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm so sick of storms.....

I will be so happy when the monsoons are over.  1. I'm sick and tired of the humidity.  I don't care if people make fun of us or not, dang it, the low low humidity heat is a piece of cake compared to the high  humidity.  2.  My poor sugar only gets out about 2x a day anymore.  I'm so tired of her eating dinner at 10pm.  I'm tired of her being scared all the time.  Poor baby, I'm afraid that one of these times I'm going to find her dead of a heart attack from fear.  3. I'm so very sick of the electricity either going out or burping.  When it burps, it's only out for about 10 seconds tops, but it's long enough to turn off the computer, the sewing machines, all the freaking clocks in the house etc. and so forth.  My electricity has burped 7 times this week, and several of those were when there WAS NO storm or lightening happening in the area.  I have to set my bedroom clock every single freaking night.  ARGH!!!!!!

I didn't get a lot done today.  I watched Fried Green Tomatoes, it has been a LONG time since I'd seen it, and I was amazed at how much of it I had forgotten! 
But it's still a VERY good movie and one that needs to be watched more than once a decade! :)

I did get to play a little bit tonight.  I made this rug mug:


It's for my friend Sandy who cuts my hair.  She wouldn't take a tip, so I made her something.  She rescues turtles, or tortoises to be more properly correct.  (turtles live in the water I'm told and torties live on land, and believe me, we have land here, but no water! )  She's got several living in her yard, I believe several of them also wander into her house in the summer.  Anyhow, I thought this turned out kind of cute, I hope she'll like it.  :)

Just a little bit ago when I let the girls out for last potty, I heard the frogs.  Last year we had SO MANY frogs that were jumping into the roads that driving down the road in the evening you just could not avoid running them over..... it was horrible.
Ok, it's late and I just barely got this in before Thursday happened!  :)  Have a great rest of the week, quilt happy and God Bless.   Anne

No comments: