Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Busy Tuesday... actually was busy last night...

I stayed up until midnight making collars and harnesses and leashes. I wanted to get the orders out today, so I put in Gone With The Wind and started sewing about 3pm.  I love that movie, I haven't seen it for MANY years.  Rhett Butler is so handsome and Scarlet and Melanie are so beautiful!  Clark Gable died in 1960,  Vivian Leigh died in 1967, but Olivia DeHaviland is still alive at 95.  Anyhow, it's a great movie and I really need to see it more often than every 25 years!

Today I have two tops finished. 


This is my garden fence quilt top.  I may put some white borders on it, not sure.  It's really pretty and I was kind of surprised when I put it up on the wall, I really like it.  Even though the white parts of each block aren't all lighted up properly, I like it!  I will remember to square up my blocks better next time, actually, I'm not sure I squared them up at all. 




My first memory top.  Lots of these blocks bring back memories of quilts I made in the past, quilts I no longer have in many cases! I think I will put narrow borders on this and then quilt it simply, very simply. I think it's going to look really neat once it's quilted.  :)








Well, that's what I've been up to for the past day and a half.  Have a great week, and God Bless.  Anne


No comments: