Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Working on those UFO's....

I'm an ADD quilter.  I have a son who got my ADD from me, and when he was DX'd, the therapist looked at me and said "you do know where he gets it don't  you?" and proceeded to point out to me how ADD I was!  Oh well.  With my quilting, it makes me start lots of projects and not finish so many of them.  I have finished some, just not all!  And I think it's my ADD that makes me jump around and work on different things on different days, it's almost impossible to make myself work on the same quilt 2 or 3 days in a row. 
So today, I pulled out a 9patch Pizazz quilt that I had pieced and sandwiched and pinned, and I quilted it. 
Here's a picture of it......


 I don't have a place in the hosue, so I hung it off my deck.  There is a small fence that makes it bulge out in the middle and the Mexican Bird of Paradise plant on the upper right corner!  I made this about 3 years ago when I was going to quilt class at my Mennonite friends.  It was a lot of fun to make, and I love the way it turned out. 
I used black thread on the body of the quilt and pink thread around the border....


You can see the print a little better in this one, and I love doing my borders like this, just keep sewing lines all the way around.  This one has 6 rows of stitching around it.
I have a Bernina 730E machine.  It's about 3 or 4 years old, and I bought it now, cost a small fortune.  I have a love hate relationship with the darn thing.  Today it kept unthreading itself and I kept telling it how much I hated it!  Then it did such a great job of the quilting and I told it how much I loved it!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the feet that I have (and I think I have em all!) I love the way the go on the machine and I love the way that they are sturdy and heavy duty!  But I sure wish it had the dual feed like my Pfaff machines do.    I have a ton of machines, Pfaff, Janome, Elna surger, a very old domestic treadle machine, and a couple of consew commercial machines.  I do love my sewing machines!


I read a bunch of different blogs, I love to see what other people are making,  One thing I've noticed lately is that a lot of folks are doing scrappy quilts and usually I can find 3 or 4 fabrics that I have in my stash or in my scrap bag too!  Soo much fun to do that! 

Ok, I'm going to take a walk before we have a storm! 

God bless, Anne

No comments: