Friday, July 1, 2011

TGIF!

It's been a week.  I got mostly sewing of collars and such done this week.  I worked on the quilt for the Mennonites, mostly got a lot of cutting done and maybe 3 or 4 rows of strips done for the new quilt.
I straightened my quilting/sewing area some more and found a few quilt patterns that I had forgotten I bought. 
The background fabric for my SW quilt came in. 
I went on a fabric search for one of my Mennonite friends, she bought the fabric about 3 years ago and where she originally got it no longer had it and it was out of print.  I lucked out and found it on one internet site and ordered it and it got here in less than a week!  I'm happy and she's thrilled!

 About 5 or 6 years ago when I first moved to Arizona, I brought 7 dogs with me.  One of them was Frasier.  The cartoon at left is of my sweet Frasier.
He was ALWAYS into the trash in one part of the house or another.  This cartoon was made from the picture below, I found him with the top of my trash can on his head like some new fandangled Ecollar! 
He was terribly embarrassed and instead of taking it right off, I HAD to take a picture of him.
Frasier was a food and drink hound, he'd find the smallest scraps of anything and my guess he had been digging for some tiny itty bitty something in the trash!

It wasn't too long after this picture, a couple of months, that I had to let my boy go to the bridge.  He was the softest greyhound I ever felt. Only had 4 teeth in his head!  He was a 4 time bounce, and when he came to live with me I promised him that no matter what, he was with me come heck or high water, I was him home until he left this earth.  I'm so glad he got to come to Arizona with us and experience the wonderful weather out here, even if it was just for a short time.  Miss you and love you forever Frasier!!



Well, I'm not sure what I'll get done over the weekend, I know I have some harnesses to make so that they can ship on Tuesday.  Maybe I'll grill a burger outside for the 4th! I've been invited several places on Sunday and Monday, but not sure where I'll go, if anywhere! 

It's late, I took a couple of walks this evening, and then walked to a friends house and just got back and it's now my bedtime!
Everyone have a very safe and wonderful 4th of July!  God Bless, Anne

No comments: