Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday

I'm doing a quilt along thingie!  I've never done one of these before, and this is one that I think I can handle, so I joined in.  Anyhow, this is the first block and it's called Star of Virginia.  It wasn't difficult, I enjoy these big blocks.  I'm going to make them all kind of scrappy, use up some more of my stash and scraps.




Been working on my HST's for my next quilt.  Figured things out a bit wrong!  I had cut my single black squares a half inch too big, easier to cut new blocks than cut down the already cut ones!  Also discovered that I had way too few background and color squares, so those 4 inch blocks are coming in handy.    I will get those HST sewn and cut tonight.  I ironed and squared up almost 200 of them today and my left arm is hurting pretty bad.  (leftie here) Not sure I'll get these ironed and squared tonight, that may have to wait until tomorrow or perhaps Wednesday.

Well, that's it for now!  God Bless and have a great evening!

No comments: