Sunday, July 10, 2011

I've gotten a bit done in the last few days.  My coyote quilt is finished:


I'm happy with it. I tend to use bright colors and this is kind of dark for me, so I tried to liven it up a bit with the yellow border.  Now I have to find a place to hang it! 








These are some 4" blocks that will be in my next quilt!  I have them all sewn into 1/2 square triangles and have to iron them and square em up and then I'll start putting the quilt together!  I wish I had a wall that would be a good wall to put a design wall on.  My house is small and my walls aren't all that big.  Oh well, maybe some day I'll get one of those free standing design walls that one can put up and take down at will. 
A few years ago a friend of mine had a small quilt shop here in town, very tiny and she was shutting it down and sold me a ton of batik fat quarters really cheap and I'm still trying to use up those batiks!  I was so lucky to get them at a great price and they've been in almost everything I've made since I bought them!

I have started walking each evening and it's so beautiful here where I live.  So I have been taking my camera along.  A few fairly boring pics from tonight, but pretty none the less....

 I can see Cochise Stronghold from my front yard, isn't it beautiful?
 This one was pointing north.
And this one was pointing south towards Mexico. 

We've had some spectacular sunsets here, I'll have to dig out some of the older pics!





Well, that's about it for my Sunday.  Quilt happy folks and God Bless,   Anne

No comments: