Monday, June 20, 2011

And it's only Monday!

It's been a long day and it's not even 5pm! 
This morning, my Sugar (a greyhound) decided to re-arrange my sewing room and all the material she could get her feet and probably her teeth on.  You see, she's a princess, and a princess should never, God forbid, lay on plain carpet.  A princess should always have padding to lay on.  And if there is no bed for the princess to lay on, she'll make a padded bed.  And yes, she took my scraps and some of my stash and she made herself a bed.  YIKES!  Ok, obviously, it's all my fault.... 1. for not giving the princess a proper bed in which to lie in comfort and 2. for being stupid enough to put my scraps in plastic bags that the princess can tear and stupid enough to have some piles of stash not encased in concrete.  :)  
Soooooo, off to the Dollar Store I went and I bought 4 more see through containers in which to put fabric, scraps and maybe even one to put my embroidery supplies in.  I haven't felt like facing the mess yet, so I just blocked off the room and will get to doing the actual work probably tomorrow.  *sigh*  Why can't the princess just leave my stuff alone? 
Here's a picture of this gal.  I have a very small laundry room and when she's feeling nervous or scared she goes either to the laundry room or to my bedroom closet.  (Sug is what we call a spook, born that way, not made)  So here's a picture of her waiting for her breakfast in the laundry room (that's where she eats too) and yup, she's once again made herself comfy!! 
I love this dog so much, but sometimes she makes me crazy!!  She's a talker too and some days she just doesn't shut up. 

I got good news today and some not so good news.  The store where I got my quilt blocks for the Southwest Sampler still has the background.  And that is HUGE,  so I'm going to be ordering some of this.  But the turquoise in the quilt, well, they don't have the same turquoise any more.  So I'm going to have to come up with something to replace that, and I really don't think that will be hard.  And I don't have to use turquoise, I can use orange or purple.  So I'll find something in my scraps that will work.  The background was the most important though, to change that, the block would have stuck out like a sore thumb!

Time to feed the critters and then fix dinner for me!  Have a good evening and God Bless!  Anne

No comments: