Saturday, June 1, 2013

What a day!

Wasn't too bad until about 10:30 this morning.  That's when the electric went off.  Not a big deal for most I suppose, but I do live in the middle of nowhere and when there's a problem it usually takes quite a bit of time to get it fixed. Normally, not a huge deal.  However, it's supposed to be HOT HOT HOT today.  So I was a bit nervous.  I headed to the bedroom for a little reading and maybe a short nap!  :)  You know that wonderful moment as you start to fall asleep, that blissful feeling as you are drifting towards unconsciousness that feels so great.  Well, got there and then RINGGGGGGGG goes the phone!   And get the questions: "do I know the electric is out, how long will it be out, why is it out, and what are you going to do about it"  HELLO? Yes, I have noticed that the electric is out!  I don't work for SSVEC, I have no idea what happened or how long it will be before it's back on, and nope, not going to do a thing but wait and try to get that nap in!  Ok, back to that sweet spot of napping and RINGGGGGG  ... THREE times this happened!  Finally got about a 2 minute nap in when I heard the hot water tank filling up, yup, the electric was back on.  1hour and about 40 minutes.
Oh, and here's why I am so happy that it has been fixed:

 
Yup, that's 112 degrees there folks.  On my deck, no sun shining on the thermometer.  That was at 3pm, it may be even hotter by about 5pm. 

It's HOT outside and I'd be dead without my air and so would my poor doggies! 

I'm off to see if I can get that nap in now!


No comments: