Thursday, June 13, 2013

Little bit of this and a little bit of that.. and some actual fabric cutting!

Well, my baby girl, Sugar, was feeling better this afternoon, so I took some time out to turn on the Bernina.  Well, actually never used it, but it was on and I actually got some fabric cut, and I know what I'm going to do with it!  :)


I've had this pattern for a bit now.  I love Thimble Blossoms patterns for the most part.  So I thought I'd give it a go! 

Picked out 2 fat quarters and got both of them cut and some white fabric cut.












Two fat quarters that I believe I got at JoAnns.
I love blue and orange together.




Both blocks need the white and you use the big blocks with the opposite color, so the blocks will be orange and blue.
I suppose if you make a big quilt, you could change them around even more if you wanted to.
Anyhow, y'all know how much I love color and strange or odd color matching.  :) 

I have this bunch of fat quarters that I bought last spring.  It's called SummerLove by Art Gallery Fabrics.
I thought they would make a really nice quilt and they too have lots of the oranges and blues in them that I like so much.

Felt good to play with the fabric!

Alrighty, it's time for me to get some zzzz's.   Have a wonderful Friday, and God Bless.    Anne

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

What a change from pillow cases! I love this pattern. It will be a great quilt.