Saturday, June 15, 2013

365: A Daily Creativity Journal

Yes, it starts today!  And I've already been creative and it's not even 7:15 in the morning yet!!  I woke up at 4:50am and figured there was no sense in trying to make myself go back to sleep, so I got up.  Sug ate breakfast at 5:15 am and that means she will probably be hungry by 8am again.  Oh joy.  :)

Pictures, I have pictures of my first creative project.  It took me less than an hour to complete.  I am focusing on fabric and quilting and pushing myself to do more actual quilting and (even though it's not obvious in this first project) working on applique.  And (again, not obvious in this project) working in a SW theme when I can.  :)

 I took some half square triangles I made and never used.  I put 4 of them together.
Then I started quilting with my quarter inch foot on my machine.  So each of those rows of quilting should be about 1/4" apart.... give or take a smidgeon.  :)


Quilting is finished.  


The back. 


 Almost trimmed.  I had to put on a binding, I didn't want to serge the edges, I like a really nicely finished edge.



Trimmed and ready to sew down...



The finished item.  It's either a mini mug run or a coaster, you choose.  It fits in my hand... sort of.  It's small anyhow.  :)


Remember the rules: There are no rules.  :)

Happy Weekend everyone! 

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Ohhhh!!!! How exciting! I have been at a CAAWS event today and will go home and work on my day 1

Love your mat!!!!