Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Where exactly do I live?

I'm beginning to think that I don't really live in Southern Arizona, but that somehow I've been transported back to Ohio or maybe northern Indiana!  We've been down in the low 20's at night and not much over 40 during the day.  And quite honestly, I'm REALLY tired of it, REALLY tired.  If I had enough money, I'd for sure be wintering in Phoenix or someplace warmer than where I am! (although, Phoenix has been chilly this winter too, lots of complaining going on up there!)

Turned on the Bernina the other day and got some quilting done!  But I really can't show you much of a picture.  It's for my Cotton Robin that I'm doing.  It was a LOT of fun and I really enjoyed making it and doing the research to decide WHAT to make.  The center block is lovely, and I sure wanted to compliment that block, not only in color, but in style as well. 
So, it's done and now I have to figure out how to ship it!  I'm pretty eager to get the next one and put a border on that one!
Of course, I've changed the colors and removed the center so that this portion of my border in anonymous!  The outer border can be left the size it is, or the next person can whittle it down to 1/2" or so.  :)  It was a lot of fun to do and I'm really happy with it!  :)

One of the first things I did when I started quilting was to send my Granddaughters in Ohio each a quilt.  I guess I caused a problem because only one of them was a "Dora" quilt!!!  Oh, woe is me!  But my son told me that the daughter who got the Dora quilt is still sleeping with it.  Awe, that makes me feel so good! 
So I  think it's about time to make them some new and 'bigger girl' quilts!
And I have this pattern and thought it would make a cute quilt for girls!  Just making it scrappy with the centers all shades of yellow and the flowers all different and the same green for the leaves. I'm anxious to get started!!  :)

I have to do some sewing for collars and such today.  Got some good movies to watch! 
Have a great day and God Bless.   Anne

No comments: