Saturday, February 2, 2013

What a great day!

I sewed on some collars and harnesses and leashes today.  Watched a couple of movies.  Had a few friends drop by here and there.  It was a nice quiet afternoon.  And finished that up about 3.

Then I fired up the Bernina and got to cutting some more strips for my little quilt and put 60 more blocks together.  It felt so good to sew all day.  Of course, my carpel tunnel in my right hand will be screaming all night long, but hey, it's worth it!

 More strips cut for the next blocks
 Blocks before ironing or squaring up
 All the finished blocks.  The ones tonight have solid white
in the centers, I ran out of the flags and the printing fabrics
that I used yesterday.

And I was digging around in my "stuff" and found a baggie full of quilt pieces.  I remember that it was a kit I bought from Fons and Porter about 5 or 6 years ago.  It had CURVES in it, and I only put 4 of the blocks together.  I believe that the pieces came pre-cut, cause I don't see myself as cutting them so precisely back then, or even now for that matter.  I have some pics of this too!

 I put 4 blocks together, or 4 umbrella looking things!




They are not perfect, but I was pretty much a beginning quilter when I did these!
I'm actually kind of amazed that they aren't horribly worse!

Now I have to dig through my magazines to find the pattern again so I can maybe finish this bad boy!  And remember what it looks like in the first place!  Notice the orange and blues and browns, great colors.  :) 

I love color and I love putting colors together that maybe aren't what other people expect or think of as normal!  When I was a little girl and my Mom was teaching me how to pick out my clothes for school, I wanted to wear a blue skirt and a green sweater, and my Mom had a fit and told me that blue and green never ever go together.  Humph!  I'm sure she'd have a fit is she was alive to see my greens, teals, blues and oranges together.  :)  Fond memories.  

Have a wonderful Sunday folks, and may God Bless you all.  Anne



No comments: