Friday, January 11, 2013

Life has been incredibly busy!

And yes, I did make some quilt blocks!  But I can't show the pictures.  I'm doing a round robin (first time ever I've done anything like this, I'm so excited!) and can't post my center block.  I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist and I made the block like 6 times... different fabrics, then one of the pieces of fabric was off by an eighth of an inch, you know the drill!!
But it was GREAT fun to fire up my Bernina after at least 5 months of being idle.  :)   But I'm pleased with my block, it's right in the middle of the size requirements so it should be good.  I shipped it off today, um, I'm just a bit of a procrastinator!

I am the treasurer for my St. Vincent DePaul Society at church, and I've spent the last 10 days getting the annual report in order.  I wasn't the treasurer last year, so it was a bit awkward for me to be putting together a report with mostly someone else's work.  But it's DONE!  It will go out in the mail on Monday and then I can get December and January up to date.   


Rudy and his platypus! 
Or it might be a duck, I'm not sure. 
But he LOVES his ducks, and he has many of them! 
This one is almost as big as he is!


Rudy is doing great!  He's really come a long way since he was sick!  He and I go out every day, 3 or 4 times and he runs and plays and chases the stuffies I throw.  For the last month or so, he's been trying to jump up on my bed at night when he goes to bed in his crate next to my bed.  Well, about 3 days ago, he succeeded in getting on my bed!  After many hugs, he still had to sleep in his crate, he will survive.  I don't need him having a puppy accident in my bed!! 

Sug and Lulu are doing great.  I think Sug is 100% back to her old self.  I'm glad, I really want her around for more time! 

The weather her is horrible, it's going down to 14 degrees tonight.  14 frigid degrees.  I don't like cold weather.  Last night the wind blew and blew and blew, I thought my house was going to take flight and I'd end up in some strange place that isn't Arizona anymore. 

I'm ready for the warmer weather, hoping that January passes quickly and we'll get some warmer weather in February. 

I'm going to try to make a new quilt block tomorrow, I have a quilt I'd like to put together.  I need to get some of these patterns done because I see a bunch of new ones I'd like to try!

Well, that's pretty much all I've done all year!  Hope your new year is going well!! 
God Bless,   Anne

No comments: