Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Is it really Wednesday already?

I feel like it was just Monday. 
It's been a busy week.  I have gotten my quilting area somewhat cleaned up.  I need some more plastic boxes to put fabric in.  I'm ready to do some sewing though I think.  I'm trying to get a group of quilters together to quilt here once a week. It can be so much more fun with others around you and more fun to try different challenging patterns too with someone else going through the same thing.  :)

Today I spent some time at church.  We passed out 15 baskets of food and turkeys for Thanksgiving last month and now we are putting together 14 baskets of food and hams for Christmas.  So many people in this area are hungry, I live in the poorest part of Arizona, and the poorest county in Arizona.  Actually, it's not our church really, but our Saint Vincent DePaul Society at our church.  We do some good things.  I'm trying to convince everyone else that we need to do a food pantry give away once a month.  I think if we have food, folks will come and get it.  And you know, no matter what, people should not have to be hungry.

Most of the rest of today I have been fussing with the Wifi here where I live.  It makes me crazy, as does the internet provider here in this area.  But hey, I didn't solve all the problems, but I got it up and running again, and that's a good thing.  :)   I rely on it and HATE to be without my internet!!

Ok, that's pretty much all I have to say that's printable!!!  Hope everyone is having a good week and God Bless, Anne.
 

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I love doing the food thing. And I can't pass a Santa without putting money in his pot.

We have a sort of group who gets together on Tuesdays to work on quilts. We generally do our own stuff, but you would be amazed to see how much I get done on Tuesday's compared to letting the dogs in, letting them out, letting them in, letting them out........you know.