Saturday, August 11, 2012

Crazy Week!

I haven't even thought much about quilting the past week!
Last week my friend and I went in to Tucson on Wednesday.  We had lunch at Chick-fil-A and then bought dinner at Tucson Tamale Company and brought it home frozen.  We took her dogs to the vet for their shots.  And seems like we did a few other things, but I can't even think!  Stopped at Walmart on the way home and then Safeway too.  We had a good time.  It was HOT HOT HOT in Tucson, almost 110 degrees.  Yikes!
It was storming when we came home and dropped to the high 80's very quickly.

The rest of the week was filled with much laundry and sewing collars and such, and cleaning up my house. 

My washes has been officially pronounced DEAD.  To replace a bearing, one must pay more than 500$ for an entire new tub.  NOT going to happen for a 14 year old washer!   Does anyone but me remember when a washer would last for 15 or even 20 years?  My mom's last washer was 30 years old and her dryer was 28 years old when I sold them, and they still worked very very well.

But the good news is that someone I know has sold me a super sized washer that's a few years old for a very good price and it will arrive this coming week.  Yay!  It will be nice to not have to run to the laundromat.  But I will still be going there for the dogs pads, the dogs beds and rugs and such.  No more of that stuff in my washer or my dryer.  I intend to hand clothes out and rarely use my dryer. 

You know, I can hardly think of what I've done, but hey, I was VERY VERY  busy this past week!!!  Had breakfast out a couple of times, then dinner and spent time helping a friend get her stuff together since she's moving soon.  (tears will be bad when she leaves) 

Ok, that's pretty much all I can think of at the moment.  I probably have some pictures, but I haven't had time to take them off the camera!  Will do that this week.  :)  Have a good weekend, God Bless, Anne

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

yea for the washer!

sad for the friend moving.

Hope this week is ok.

glen