Monday, July 30, 2012

It's been how long since I posted here?????

Too long!
I've been busy and yet I haven't been able to take time to quilt.  I'm sorry.  I was busy last week doing collars and such and by the time I would finish there, I was just too tired to do more sewing.  This weather we are having is just sucking the energy out of me.  It's hot, but not horrid most days and the humidity is in the 60's, or 70's or so.  We've had a bit of rain.  The dogs have been good, Sug spent a couple of days in the closet due to the thunder boomers.  

This past Saturday I got ready to go to mass and went out and the dang truck wouldn't start.  :(  I was so upset.  I just put two new batteries in it (diesel truck) less than 2 years ago.  My original batteries lasted 10 years, so I figured these would last at least 4 or 5.  Not!  I was, of course, worried that it was something more.  ARGH!!  It's always something isn't it?

So my friend from down the street came up and since it was too late to get to mass, I went to dinner with her, her DH and her DS (DH=dear husband and DS=dear sister.)  Over in Dragoon there was a garlic festival going on at the Triangle T.  The Triangle T is kind of like a resort area, they have casitas and an RV park and a pool, and restaurant and horses and such to keep folks busy who visit the area.  Anyhow, we didn't see much of the festival because it was well after 5 and most people were closing down. 
The restaurant didn't open until 6.  We found a table outside and waited, it was very pleasant.
The views were great and a bunch of actors were there doing a scene about the olden days here in our area, it wasn't bad! 

 Picture of the actors....
That red headed lady in the bottom center was a hoot!  She spoke really loud and did really well!

A picture of the mountains from where we were sitting!

Our Waitress.

My medium rare steak!  

My friends sister who was going to stab me if I didn't quit taking pictures of here!!

It was a very enjoyable evening.  

This is my friends dog, such a cutie, her name is Sugar Bear and they call her Bear for short!

When we got home, I tried to get to bed early, but that didn't happen, and then in about an hour or so after I fell asleep I woke up.  I hate nights like that.   I had called a friend and she was going to stop by to pick me up for mass. 

Mass was good, Father Sean was there standing in for Father Manolo who is still on vacation.  Fr. Sean was very good.  But I really miss Fr. Manolo.  We went out to breakfast after mass and I had biscuits and sausage gravy, and they were YUMMY.  Breakfast was very nice. 

Came home and my handy man came over and worked on my car.  The batteries need to be replaced, he's going to change the air filter and the gas filter and do an oil change.  Hopefully it will run well after that.
He took my washer home with him to work on.  And the GOOD NEWS is that it's FIXABLE!  It needs a belt and a bearing.  I told him no rush, but I'm thrilled that I won't have to buy a new one!  :)

Last Friday I got up early and went to buy fresh veggies.  I got tomatoes, cukes and some squash.  It is so good!  I have had a cuke and tomato salad every day.  Love it!

Tomorrow I have to sew harnesses as probably same thing on Wed.  I am hoping to actually fire up the benina and do some quilting this week.  Wish me luck!!!

Ok, that's pretty much it!  Have a great week and I sure hope it won't be a whole week before I post again!  God Bless, Anne

1 comment:

QuiltSwissy said...

Glad the truck and the washer can be fixed. I hate buying new stuff because I like my old stuff!