Sunday, June 17, 2012

Oh oh oh oh..... I had an idea....

When I put my HopScotch together yesterday, when it told me to cut the blocks in half at the edges, I reused those blocks on other rows of the quilt.  I can't see cutting a block in half and not using it, since it's half, no more or no less.  So I have about 7 extra blocks.  So I was looking at them thinking, what to do with them.  I won't throw something like that away.  I'm way too cheap.  (or frugal!!) 
So I put 6 of them together and when I'm done, it will be a wall hanging.... I like the idea..


And here it is.  I like it, I like it a lot, in fact, I like this better than I do the entire quilt! 
You can't really see it in the picture, but there's a 1.5" border around it in white.  I can't wait to layer it and quilt it and then border it!  What fun. 
Ok, see it just took something like this to turn this block into something fun!

And see, this block is on my design wall that I just put up today!  I got rid of my big TV so I'd have this wall area to put it up, and finally I put it up.   :)

Wow, a productive day and it sure didn't start that way!!! 

I didn't get much sleep last night, maybe I'm more creative with less sleep?  


No comments: