Monday, June 18, 2012

It's a Mad Mad Monday...

Well, it's not really a MAD MAD Monday, but it sounded neat!  Today was quilting and there were a bunch of us there! We were all working on Dresden blocks.  Gail brought her AccuQuilt Cutter and we all cut out some petals for the dredens.  It's neat, and they are all perfect.  They are smaller than the ones I cut out last week.  I got one circle of them put together and half another one, and came home and finished the second one.  I get busy talking and chatting with folks I don't see a lot of, and I forget to sew!


The AccuQuilt is great, it cuts FAST and it cuts well and even and they are all perfect and alike.  BUT you can only do one size of Dresden.  You'd have to be dedicated to making a BUNCH of Dresden quilts to make the dies affordable.  But they are way cool, and I'd love to have one, but I don't see that happening any time soon!

One of the gals (Judy???? I'm so bad at names, please forgive me) made a BEAUTIFUL pillow cover.  I mean this cover was stunning!  One of the other gals made a blue and yellow circle that was just so pretty and just so classic!  I didn't take pics, and I should have.  Ladies, bring them next week so I can take pictures please! 

Here are the ones I did:



My butterfly fabric and some gold colored floral fabric.  I like it.  I think I'll make 2 of each and make another baby quilt!


More butterfly fabric and the same yellow/gold floral fabric. 

I'm not unhappy with either of these. 

I would actually prefer brighter colors, but I guess everything can't be knock your eyes out bright!




Now, I'm beat, going to go say my rosary and then my evening prayers and hit the hay! 
Have a great Tuesday everyone!  And God Bless.     Anne

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I think your dresdans are MAD MAD fabulous!