Friday, April 20, 2012

TGIF!!!

It's been a long day in the mid 90's and 90+ in my home and I REFUSE to spend money on air conditioning in April!  In fact, I will NOT turn the air on until June.  It's been winter and summer here with maybe a week or two of spring and fall stuck in there somewhere.  What on earth is happening to our earth?  It's gone weather crazy!  :)   But I would much rather have a fan on and have it be 100 degrees in my house than be 50 degrees in the house. 



I was working on a quilt top today and had to pick out some stitches.  I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad that I used white on this black fabric or I would have had to abandon what I was going, I would never be able to see the tiny black stitches on black fabric.  Oddly enough, I don't have trouble seeing white on white fabric.... wonder why?
I have also wonder about people who don't square up their blocks.  I honestly had never heard of it when I first started quilting, and it's something that I will NOT do anymore!  If I don't have time to square em up, then I don't have time to quilt.  :)  It makes such a huge difference in how well a quilt goes together!



 It's a wall hanging size.  I combined the center of a carpenters star with the zig zag on the outer part.  Tomorrow I sandwich and quilt it and then bind it!  I'm really looking forward to quilting it!



 
Why do people fix things that aren't broken?   Where I post things here is significantly different right now than it was 2 hours ago.  WHY?????

I bought a FitBit a week or so ago, and they had a wonderful way to track your food, your steps, etc and so forth, yet they too fixed things that are not broken.  I am so tired of it.

Speaking of FitBit, one of the cool things it does is monitor your sleep.  Now we all know that sometimes when it says that I'm awake for a minute, I'm really not conscious, I'm just turning over and moving my arm.  But when it shows 4 or 5 minutes or even 10, you can bet that I'm awake to some point.  Maybe I won't remember it when I wake up, but it still interrupts my sleep.  It seems that for the most part, I am going on 5.5 to 7 hours of sleep a night, with the occasional 3 or 4 hour night.  No wonder I'm so tired all the time!


I have been "Unsubscribing" to useless emails that I've subscribed to in the past.  So once you unsub from them, or try to do that, what do they do?  They send you MORE email to see if you really wanted to unsubscribe.   You know, I'm no idiot, I really am not, and I don't go to a web site and un-check things and then hit the button to unsubscribe accidentally.  I really and truly meant to click on that button and I know it's hard for a business to realize it, but some of us do NOT want to get their 199 emails every week.  *sigh* 

Sounds like I'm in a bad mood?  Maybe, but not terribly so!  I think I need sleep!  :)  Do you remember how well you slept when you were a teenager?  I could sleep forever and ever!  I could sleep through a lot of noise... but no more... I say that the last good night of sleep I had was the night before I gave birth to my oldest son!  That was a LONG time ago.   
Ok, time for a glass of iced tea and a good book!  Have a marvelous weekend!  God Bless...  Anne

No comments: