Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Happy Wednesday!

Oh where does the time go?  Time marches faster and faster the older we get, before you know it, I'll be 99 years old and deaf and blind and dumber than a rock!  hehehehehe

Anyhow, I was reading Glen's post here  about her Stained Glass Quilt.  It's wonderful!  I love it too, she did a fabulous job on it and I am jealous of her making it!!  Sooooooooooooo I've decided that I too would love to make a stained glass quilt.  And I thought and I thought and I thought and I looked and looked and what I have found is that I love solids in this quilt, they look awesome. Probably less trouble to pick out fabrics as well.  HOWEVER, I was thinking some more and remembered that a few years ago I found a fat quarter bundle at Alco (discount store probably local to Az folks) that was shimmery.  I researched it and found that these were a type of lame fabric.  And of course, I had to see if there were more colors available etc. and so forth.  And I bought a bunch of this stuff cause I LOVED it.  But I've never used it, couldn't figure out anything or any pattern that deserved this stunning fabric.  AND, LIGHT BULB, this fabric would make an awesome Stained Glass Quilt...  Here's some pictures of it!  (there's 11, I kind of bought a lot of it!)


Look at those beautiful colors shimmer!

More pretty shimmery colors

These are part of the originals that I bought, they are actually kind of 'tie died' looking. Not sure batik would be the proper term, but I've had them for years and don't remember what they called them. But they are pretty aren't they?


More of the shimmer!

And even more shimmer.  More fat quarters


Some of these might be Fairy Frost by Michael Miller, and these are really cool shimmer fabrics as well.

Not sure what these are, but they are lovely, shimmery with a design on them.  


Thsee are pretty big cuts of the cotton lame.  At least a yard and probably more like 2 or 3 yards.

 Not exactly sure what this is, but it's a metallic fabric.  Beautiful striped.  You can see the metallic threads at the selvage.


And this is all of em stacked up!  Lots of beautiful fabric.  I think it would make an awesome Stained Glass Quilt, whatcha think?

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

If I remember correctly, you need at least 11 fabrics. These will be awesome!

Good choice!

glen