Saturday, March 24, 2012

All day.. it took ALL DAY....

to square up my HST's.  And did I guess 240 of them????  Well, I'm obviously math challenged!  There were 8 flying geese in each swoon block.  That's SIXTEEN HST's from each block.  16x27=432.  Hello BRAIN, are you still working????  So I have 475 HST's.  That's including some I already had from other quilts, and some that I "goofed" in thw Swoon and remade a couple of flying geese, so total is 475 HSTs.  And I just squared each and everyone of those boogers up.  Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE HATE HATE squaring up blocks?  But they are done.  And now I can plan my Zig Zag quilt.  I'm probably going to have sore arms tomorrow, though I did put a new blade into the rotary cutter when I started, but I think I've killed it already.  I know I've pretty much killed my cutting mat, it's got chunks out of it now. 






There they are, all 475 of those arm killers!


And here's a few more I have to iron open and then square up and that will probably make 500  HSTs.


And if I need more, here's some squares I found in my scraps that I can turn into HSTs just by adding some white fabric!




Now, I just have to figure out how to put this thing together, scrappy, or do I put colors and specific fabrics together?  Or rainbow it down the quilt, or ....... well, I'll have to put my design wall up and see what works best for me!

No comments: