Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sewing, sewing, sewing and sewing some more... but not quilts...

Long long day.  I got to sleep fairly early last night, so was up fairly early today, so been up and at em since about 7am! 
Sewing for the dogs, well, for dogs, not my dogs, but for dogs!
 

 Isn't this pretty?  It's an extra small spook harness and leash for a whippet on the East coast!






 The harness is lined with satin for the comfort of the hound.  :)

One of my customers asked me if  I had any plaid. 
And this is the ONLY plaid that I have.  It's not on my web site, it used to be and after several years of no one ordering any I removed it. 
It's a 1" width and it's on a 1" tag collar here.  No lining.
This is the same trim on a 3/4" tag collar.  Now, I can't do that with any other trim, but this trim is VERY stretchy and just by stretching it, it thinned out and fit just fine on a 3/4" tag collar!  No lining.
 Another pic of the 3/4" tag collar.


And both the 1" and the 3/4" tag collars.  I think it works really well, love the plaid too!
 This is a 1" side release collar.  This is probably what most people think of when they think of dog collar.  Most dogs can wear these without a problem.  A greyhound/whippet/IG and a few other sight hounds need to have Martingale collars.  A martingale is like a limited choke collar, they only get so small, but they do help prevent a greyhound from pulling their head out of the collar!
 Greyhounds and whippets are sooooo good at getting out of a collar, the martingale helps to prevent that, and they are wide enough to be more gentle on a dogs neck than chain choke collar would be.


This is a side release collar and leash done in 3/4" .  Isnt' it cute.
It's for my priest Fr. Manolo and his dog Sugar.  Sugar is this darling little itty bitty cocker spaniel who is just darling.  You can tell that she adores Father and he obviously loves her very very much!  So this is a gift for the both of them.  :)

Another pic of Sugar's new collar and leash.  I'll try to get a picture of her when I give it to her!






I didn't get as much done as I would have liked, but that orange harness took me forever to make for some reason.  I broke 2 needles on it and had to stop and oil my machine in the middle of everything!  The average spook harness takes me over 2 hours to make, and I never rush them.
Today's movies are as follows:
1. Natural Born Killers.  Woody Harrelson played a great part in this.  Lots of violence and lots of anger in this film.
2. August Rush.  I'm not a fairy tale kind of person for the most part, so I can't say I loved this film.  But I do want to watch it again some time when I can pay more attention to it.
3.  The Blind Side.  I love this movie, just love it.  I need to watch it about once a month or even once a week.  This is probably my favorite all time movie at this point.  If I could only keep one movie, this would probably be it.  :)

Ok, I'm beat, time for me to think about jumping in the shower and hitting the sheets!  Yeah, it's only 8pm, but I'm really TIRED tonight.  :)  Want to read a bit as well.

Take care and God Bless,    Anne

No comments: