Saturday, August 20, 2011

Saturday and no sewing to be found!

But lots of things have been going on!  :)

 I saw these pictures on facebook.com and just stopped and stared.  Tennis shoes with heels.  Or Tenny pumps. When I was in the 5th grade, my teacher was Mrs. Dayton.  And Mrs. Dayton ALWAYS referred to tennis shoes as "tenny pumps."  So when I saw these, I thought of Mrs. Dayton.
So, I was curious.  I went to google and put her name in.  And right away I found a reference to   Barbara Clapp Dayton Copeland in an obit for Bill Copeland who died July 8, 2011.  And so I went from there to look up an address and phone number and found one.
 So I called the phone number on a whim.  And YES, it was my teacher I got a hold of.  Wow, after over 45 years, I was talking to my 5th grade teacher, and she sounded pretty much the same.  And even more WOW, she remembered me!  :)   How cool was that.  We talked for about 20 or 25 minutes and then said goodbye.  Wow, what a great gift that was to me and how much fun it was to reminisce with her!  I will send her a Christmas card this year and hopefully she'll be around for a long time yet to come.  :)

 We lost one of our own here in this area this month.  Lydia Reynolds has passed, she was only 48.  Very very sad.  I knew her from when she worked at Margie's Cafe here in town, and was shocked when I heard she had died.  Life is too short and very fragile my friends, handle with lots of care and many prayers.    Here's a link to her obituary.


 About a week ago I had the wonderful experience of making a harness for a little teensy tiny greyhound named Miss Kitty.  At 44 pounds, she's tiny AND a bit shy and nervous.  Here's a couple of great pictures of her.  What a sweetie pie she is! 
 That's one of my 1" collars that she's wearing too!  That's a size small harness, they seem soooo tiny when I make them! 







Here's a picture of my precious Sugar all curled up in my closet!  Since she spends so much time in there, it's hard to get a picture of her not in the closet!  :)





And that's pretty much it today.  I went to Adoration last night and then we had a carry in afterwards.  We ate in the rectory and had a great time!  Fr. Manolo has really made the rectory look fabulous, all new paint and he's got a great eye for decorating, simple but elegant!  (either that or his Mother is really good at it!! )   But a good time was had by all.

Alrighty, hope everyone is having a great weekend!  God Bless and Quilt Happy!  Anne

No comments: