Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What a day!

I have sewed and sewed and sewed!  I have 6 rows worth of cross blocks sewn in rows.  My blocks are 6x9 when squared and I'm debating making the rows 10 blocks or 12 blocks long.  I don't think I'm going to add too much to the quilt in the way of borders, but still not sure about that yet.  So I'll make the 12 rows and see how it's going to look and then decide.  :)
Then I put the top row of my Celebration quilt together.  WOW, what ease they went together with, I'm sure it's because the blocks are nice and square!  Only 6 more rows to go and then to assemble!  :) 

I have been reading more directions for quilts using this phrase:  Scant Quarter Inch Seams.  Obviously I can do this, and I've seen it before, but not often until now.  It seems like most quilt patterns that I've seen lately use this, a lot.  So I wish that Bernina would get in gear and make me a 'scant 1/4" foot' thank you very much!  One of the things I love about Bernina is the feet, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE their quarter inch foot with the blade on it, so easy to tuck up next to that blade and get a perfect seam.  The scant 1/4" takes me more time to sew, I have to be really careful to leave enough of a seam!  Ok, that's my gripe for the day.

Well, that was one gripe for the day!  Next Gripe:  UFO's, or unfinished objects!  A friend of mine mentioned those evil initials the other day and so I decided to see what I still had to finish...  I pulled out item after item and kept going ....  "ohhhhh I forgot about this, I love this quilt"  and   "ohhhhh why didn't I finish this, I can't wait to hang it up!"  Needless to say, I have MANY projects that need to be finished.  On of the biggies is I get them pieced and I get them quilted (either by me or my LA friend) and then I stop because it hurts my hands so bad to finish off the binding.  Lousy excuse I know, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
So here's my goal... I'm going to finish the Celebration quilt and send it off to my LA friend to quilt it for me, and then I'm going to finish my cross quilt and like wise, send it off to my LA quilter friend.  THEN I'm going to finish my dancing bargello and quilt it myself.  THEN I am going to put at least 2 smaller quilts together for the Mennonites, scrappy squares since I found a ton of the squares!  :) 


Speaking of my Mennonite friends!  A few years ago, I decided to learn how to make pin wheels.  And I made a ton of scrappy pin wheels.  So I put them together and by the time I finished it, I hated pin wheels, so I gave the quilt top to the Mennonites and this is what they did with it!  Looks pretty good, and I don't hate it anymore!  Hopefully someone got it who really needed it and who will enjoy it's warmth and it's bigger size.  :)



And now I'm heading to bed, I'm  tired and tomorrow is another day to SEW!!!  :)
God Bless.  Anne

No comments: